Witten while still saying wtf at Scandal.
Hello and welcome back to Touch of Tay! I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend, LDW for short, by drinking your ass off and eating way too many carbs. I know I did because I am paying for it now. Isn’t it fun being an adult?
Since Monday was a holiday, I am coming to you on this fine hump day with what would usually be a Makeup Monday post, except now I need a new title.
Anyway, let’s get started.
Over the weekend I took some time off of celebrating the hard labor workers of this country by going to Ulta because why not? I was in the market for a new BB/CC/tinted moisturizer since the Aveeno CC Cream that I feel in love with broke my heart. Click here if you have no idea what I am talking about.
I did my research and decided to go with the Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done. I know this isn’t new but who said I was writing about anything new? This product is calling itself a Hybrid Complexion Perfector. They are hyping the 20 SPF in this product hard, the entire back of the bottle is dedicated to preventing sunburn. This perplexes me.
I didn’t buy this product for it’s SPF proposes when I know I am going to be out in the sun for extended periods of time I don’t wear foundation, but I know there are some people that do that I guess this come in handy.
SOME THINGS TO NOTE:
- The price, you get 1.3 oz for $34.
- The packaging is deceiving and makes it look like you are getting a lot of product for the money for you are paying over $26 per oz.
- There are not very many colors to choose from; there are six colors to be exact. Light, Medium Light (the one I choose), Medium, Medium Dark, Dark, & Deep. I actually like when brands only have a few shades to pick from, the fewer options, the better for me.
- The formula is a little runny, and I like using my Beauty Blender for application.
- The packaging with the pump makes my life much easier.
I ended up buying the matching Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder also in the color Medium Light. Again the packaging makes it look like you are getting a ton of product but you are mistaken. You pay $34 for .28 oz, that literally hurts me to write.
Although stupid expensive I am enjoying this product because it matches the color of the foundation. There is a time and place for lighter/translucent powder, but sometimes I need some added color, so I don’t have to add a ton of bronzer to get my face to match the rest of my body.
SOME THINGS TO NOTE:
- This powder seems messier than other powders I have used.
- It smells like a scent I don’t like but don’t hate.
- This product comes in five colors, Light, Medium Light (the color I got), Medium, Medium Dark, and Dark.
- The packaging is big and bulky which I force being difficult to travel with.
Overall I really love this combination of products. I know I am a little late to this party but guess what, I don’t care. All together I spent around $70 but you know what they say, money spent at Ulta is money well spent.
That is all I have for you lovely people today, and I hope to see each and every one of you back here on Friday for another Fresh Finds Friday.
Missed last week’s Makeup Monday? Click here you loser. JK love you.