Written while looking too cute. See pictures below.
Hello, everyone! Today I am going to be showing you how to make your very own Glamglow Supermud mask at home. I came across a recipe on Pinterest and loved the idea of creating something that is 100% natural and without the out of this world price tag.
I am trying this guy out on my face right now and let me just tell you…I feel firm af.
Sidetone: I am also using the Tony Moly My Little Pet Eye Patch.
Everything for this mask is available at the Vitamin Shoppe except for the clay, I ordered that on Amazon, and the coconut oil because I already had some at home.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Aztec Secret Bentonite Clay (got on Amazon)
- 8 Capsules Active Charcoal
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera (fresh or 99.9% gel)
- 4oz Green Tea (seeped strong) – Add slowly to make sure your mask isn’t too watery. I added about 3 oz.
- 2 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
I mixed everything together in a large glass bowl starting with all the dry ingredients. You want to open the charcoal capsules but twisting and pulling apart. I chose to melt my coconut oil in the microwave but it might also work if you don’t.
Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool and bottled it up in a jar. It’s that easy.
Here is a list of the ingredients and the exact sizes and prices that I got.
- Aloe Vera Gel 16 fl oz- $4.99 (It’s the smallest one they had)
- Beneficial Everyday Green Tea 20 bags- $3.29
- Activated charcoal 520mg; 100 capsules- $9.99
- Peppermint Essential Oil 0.5 oz – $$6.99
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil 0.5 fl oz – $4.99
- Tea Tree Essential Oil 1 fl oz – $9.79 ( I got a big one because I use this to spot treat my breakouts)
- Virgin Coconut Oil Unrefined Cold Pressed 14 fl oz – $5.99 (Already had some in my house and I can’t find the price so I am using the price of a similar product)
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay 1 pound – $19.13
After doing some fancy math equations there are the prices differences.
Glamglow Supermud – $69 for 1.2 oz
Homemade mud mask – $2.00 for 1.2 oz
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply a thin layer to the whole face or just sections that need the most help. Let dry completely, depending on your mixture that could be more than the 25 minutes it took for mine to dry or less. Take off with a warm damp cloth gently massaging off the skin. Do not rub too hard or you will irritate your skin. If the mask is being a little stubborn add more water on the cloth and let sit on the face for a few moments.
Rinse face completely, follow up with some witch hazel if you fancy, and apply a lotion.
I hope you enjoyed this post and give this mask a try! If you do, let me know in the comments!! Have a wonderful week!