Written while very very tired.
Hello everyone and happy first day of summer! I can’t believe the weekend is already over, and we have started a new week. I swear the weekends in the summer get shorter and shorter.
Over the weekend, I was having so much fun enjoy the sun and friends and family that I did not have a chance to get to Ulta or Sephora or Target to pick up any fun new makeup. This made writing a Makeup Monday blog post a little difficult. So instead of my regular Makeup Monday post, we are going to try something a little different.
Here is a list of makeup facts that you may or may not know about makeup. I always find researching facts on a topic I love to be super interesting, so I hope you do too.
1. “Hypoallergenic” means that the manufacturer feels the product is less likely to cause an allergic reaction.
2. 60% of 12-year-old girls use cosmetics.
3. In 1400, it was popular for women to be hairless. They would shave their heads and pluck their eyebrows and eyelashes completely out…wtf
4. In the Elizabethan era, coat tar was used as eye liner, mascara and eyebrow pencil. Unfortunately, it smelled bad, caused blindness and is extremely flammable.
5. Underarm hair was first said to be unfeminine by the Wilkenson Sword razor company in 1915 after a woman appeared on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar magazine without any.
6. Coco Chanel started the trend to be tan after she tanned herself on a cruise.
7. The United States has the highest rate of cosmetic surgery in the world.
8. Dermatologist tested does not mean dermatologist approved.
9. Nestle owns a quarter of the world’s largest cosmetic company, L’Oreal.
10. The founder of Maybelline named the company after his sister Maybel who inspired him to create makeup products.
So there you have it, ten facts about the beauty world that you may not have known. Do you know of any others that I didn’t mention? Comment below.
I’ll be back next week with a real Makeup Monday, I promise! Check out this Makeup Monday while you wait and come back Friday for another Fresh Finds Friday!