Hello, and Happy Sunday Funday! I am bringing you yet another delicious and tasty treat. Today I am going to show you how to make vanilla cupcakes with a Nutella buttercream topping. These are fudging delicious!
Whatcha need for the cupcakes:
A. 1 1/2 cups cake flour
B. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
C. 1 3/4 cups sugar
D. 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
E. 1 teaspoon salt
F. 1 cup butter, cold, cut into small cubes
G. 4 eggs
H. 1 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
I. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 and Line two muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl or a the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Combine the milk and vanilla in a measuring cup, and add about half of the milk mixture to the flour mixture.
6. Beat until well blended and smooth.
7. Add the other half of the milk mixture, and beat until smooth.
8. Fill paper liners 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Let cool in pan for a few minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Whatcha need for the frosting:
A. 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
B. 3 cups powdered sugar
C. Pinch of salt
D. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
E. 1 cup Nutella
1. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the powdered sugar and salt, beat until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add Nutella and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Frost cooled cupcakes.
This recipe definitely challenged me, but it was well worth it! Enjoy and let me know if you give this a try!
Happy Baking ❤