Hello and Welcome back to Touch of Tay! Today I am going to show you how to make the perfect Rice Krispies treat. After my Perler Bead craft and now these, I am apparently still ten years old. But who cares?
If you would like an update on what has been going on in my life and what that means for my blog, stay tuned to the end…or just scroll all the way down.
Snap, Crackle, & Pop:
1. 16 oz. bag of marshmallows. I used the giant marshmallows because that is all I had, and it didn’t make a difference as long as you have 16 oz. of goodness.
2. 12 oz. box of Rice Krispie cereal
3. ½ cup of butter cut into pieces
I’m drooling already:
1. Place marshmallows and butter into a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Melt in microwave on high for 1½ – 2 minutes.
3. Stir until marshmallows and butter is melted and smooth. If butter is not completely melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
4. Pour in cereal and stir until cereal is totally coated in marshmallow.
5. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and press down into pan but don’t completely smash them. You want that fluffiness.
6. Cut into squares (or any shape you want) and serve!
You can either eat them right away or refrigerate until ready. Although, these are best served the same day as making them, they will keep for about two/three days.
Happy Eating ❤
UPDATE: I recently just got a new job working 40 hours a week and won’t have as much free time as I would like for crafting and maintaining my blog. It is going to be hard for me to post as frequently as I like, but I am going to do my best in getting at least one or two posts up a week. But with your support anything is possible! I love all of you and won’t let you down!