Happy Tuesday and Welcome back to Touch of Tay! Today I am going to show you how to make a custom glass map necklace. This necklace is such a cute gift to give to a friend that lives in another city/state, someone that is moving, or just for yourself.
Let’s get crafting:
1. Map Clipping of any place you choose. I ordered mine off Amazon, but I am sure they sell them at gas stations and drug store.
2. Mod Podge and a paintbrush
4. Antique Brass Cable Chain. The one I got was very long and I had to wrap it around a few things to get it to where I wanted it.
6. Super glue
7. Small jewelry pliers
Steps to follow:
1. First use the glass to trace the area on the map that you would like and cut out.
2. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the front on the map and attach it to the glass piece. Move it around to make sure the glass is covered completely. Use a credit card to squeeze you any extra Mod Podge
3. Apply another coat of Mod Podge to the back of the map and let dry.
4. While that is drying attach the lobster clamps to the chain, you may need pliers for this step.
6. Once the glass/map are dry, apply a few small dots of super glue to the inside of the pendant avoiding the middle. Making sure the map is center, press and hold for a few seconds.
7. Loop the chain in, let dry over night, and you are ready to rock!
Easy as pie!
Happy crafting ❤