Today’s blog is going to be something a little different. I was nominated by the extremely talented Megan from the Megan Mae blog for the Liebster Award. Below I am going to answer the same questions Megan answered in her blog post along with eleven interesting facts about myself. At the end, I will nominate five other bloggers who deserve recognition for their hard work and beautiful blogs.
There is quite the controversy over the exact rules of this award so if you are interested. Click here. But I say, breakin’ the rules is what life is all about so let’s rock.
Facts about Tay (3rd person is always so awkward):
1. I am and have been a vegetarian for the past seven years.
2. I am Italian and English.
3. Titanic is and will ALWAYS be my favorite movie. “I’ll never let go, Jack!”
4. My entire extended family lives in New Jersey. Me and my immediate family are the only ones that live in Michigan. Thank you, auto industry.
5. I am the middle child.
6. I finished college in four years with two minors and a 3.6 GPA.
7. Cats are the shiiiittt.
8. I have always wanted to go to Texas. So much in fact it has become a part of my life and everyone I know thinks of me as the girl who is obsessed with Texas.
9. I have a bleeding heart, and I wear it on my sleeve.
10. I have held 13 jobs in 23 years.
11. I have an addiction to Netflix. No, really… someone please help me.
1. If you could wake up tomorrow with the education, skills, and certifications necessary to perform any job, what would you choose for your new career and why?
I would like to wake up and be a lawyer. I watch a ton of crime shows, and I just want to be that badass attorney that walks into the courtroom, slams some papers onto a desk, and persuade the jury in three minutes. But I would probably be over in about a day.
2. What is your favorite thing to blog about and why?
I favorite thing to blog about would have to be something that involves alcohol. Everyone loves drinking, and I enjoy drinking while crafting soooooo it just makes it more convent for me because it’s all about me. Duhh.
3. What do you do to recharge and get back into the blogging frame of mind?
I do a lot of research before starting a blog post. I am a sponge surfing the internet compelling ideas, techniques, and materials. Sometimes the best crafts I make are the ones I don’t plan. I just get a wave of inspiration and start creating with no finite objective in mind. It is very therapeutic and a high I am always chasing.
4. What is one thing in your life that you’ve gotten to experience that you wish everyone else could experience as well? 5. Who is inspiring you at the moment and why?
Dale Carnegie the very famous author of “How To Win Friends & Influence People”. I just finished reading his book, and I cannot get enough! Carnegie’s book has changed my life. This blog post simply does not give him the justice he deserves. Whoever is reading this go buy his book, right meow.
6. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
Lorrrrdddd! There is a restaurant called Penny Black that used to sell the best veggie burger I have ever had IN MY LIFE! I am telling you this burger changed the way I looked at veggies burgers indefinitely. So why don’t I eat this burger every day? Because they changed their menu and no longer make it. That’s my life.
7. Describe your perfect day.
The day I go to Texas. It hasn’t happened yet but when it does I will cry and sing and dance all at the same time. It will be magical.
8. What is one modern convenience that you could really not live without?
My heated blanket! My brother got it for my for Christmas two years ago, and I use in every single night, including the summer. I am always cold, and there just isn’t anything better than putting on big fuzzy socks, a hoody, and crawling under my heated blanket. Plus, its zebra print and you just can’t beat that shit.
9. What is one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I ran the Detroit Half Marathon (13.1 miles) in 2013 in two hours and forty-five minutes. The Detroit Half is the only international marathon in the country. We started in downtown Detroit and ran over the Ambassador Bridge to Canada and back through the tunnel. It was insane!
10. If a movie were made about your life, who would be best cast to play you?
Playing myself would be Zooey Daschanel. I have heard she is kind of a bitch on set, but bitches get shit done so I can’t hate. Playing my boyfriend, (which I don’t have) Leonardo DiCaprio because I secretly want to date him. Playing my best friend, Will Arnett because well, have you seen him? Lastly, playing my sister, Amy Poehler because she is fabulous.
11. Who should read your blog and why?
People who are cool and crushing it.
Cassie Kelley from the hilarious Half Ass Chic Crafts blog.
The beautiful Yazzi from The Pretty Pomegranate blog.
The extremely talented Britta & Carli from the Twinspiration blog.
The woman who literally does it all, Alexis from Redefining Messy.
The chicest girl I have ever seen, Meghan from Toby&Peach. Who happens to live in Texas and we know how I feel about that.
Happy Living ❤