Welcome back my amazing and beautiful followers! Today I am going to show you how to make your very own homemade pink laundry detergent. I have no idea if this is even cost effective so if anyone out there wants to do the math and let me know, that would be bomb.
I got this recipe from this blog, but I cut everything in half. I didn’t want to make the whole thing in case I didn’t like it.
Let’s get clean:
I got everything from Walmart.
1. One 76 oz box of Borax
2. One 55 oz box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
3. One 4 lb. box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
4. One 3 lb. container of OxiClean
5. 2 bars of Pink Zote Soap
6. A glass jar that will fit a number of gallons you are making. The original recipe makes 2 gallons, but I only made 1. I got a 1.5-gallon jar.
7. A two tablespoon scoop.
8. A large bucket. I didn’t use one and regret every second of that decision.
9. Downey Unstoppables or something similar. These are not mandatory, but I like an extra little good smells in my laundry. You can add this directly to your jar or just sprinkle some in for every load.
Project total: $42 for 270 loads which is about .15 cents a load. The recurring cost will be $20-$28 depending if you add the Downey Unstoppables or not.
Let’s get to mixin’:
1. Mix together the washing soda, Borax, and OxiClean.
2. In a food processor chop the Zote soap until chopped then add 1 cup of baking soda. My food processor isn’t that big, so I had to mix about three batches.
3. Add Zote and baking soda mixture to your bucket with the other ingredients.
4. MIX THAT SHIT! If you don’t use a bucket this step will require a skill set that is far beyond anything you have previously experienced in your life. Not to be dramatic or anything.
That’s all folks. Add a scoop to your next load of laundry and never buy pre-made laundry detergent ever again.
Happy crafting ❤