Hello beauties! Today I am going to show you how to make your very own custom perfume tray using scrapbook paper. This craft is super easy, and you only need a few key items. Perfumes trays are used for exactly that organizing your perfume collection and adding a touch of color and design to your room. Who doesn’t want that?
This is what you need:
1. A wood tray in any shape or size. Mine is a boring rectangle since I haven’t been able to find any other shapes. Come on Michaels!
2. Multi-surface gold paint. I usually go for the cheap stuff but this color by Martha Stewart is heavenly!
3. Two paint brushes of any kind. I chose to use a foam brush since it was in the same aisle as the paint.
Price: 50 cents
4. Good old Mod Podge – I am using the one with a gloss finish.
5. X-Acto knife, ruler, and cutting mat.
This is how you get it done, girl:
1. Measure the inside surface area of your tray onto the scrapbook paper and cut out.
2. Paint your tray with your paint brush and gold paint. Don’t worry about painting the bottom since we are going to cover that up with scrapbook paper. It is up to you if you want to paint the bottom, I chose not to…I’m not about that life. Let dry!
3. Once all the paint is dry go ahead and coat the bottom of the try with Mod Podge and place the scrapbook paper on top. Trim is needed; let dry.
4. Place another layer of Mod Podge over the scrapbook paper and let dry.
All done! Put some perfumes, watches, or lipsticks inside and you are intently glam!
Happy crafting ❤
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Looking for more crafts using scrapbook paper? Follow me!