Let’s talk dirty — dirt cake dirty.
Hello, lovelies! I realize I have been posting more food related instructions then DIY crafts and that is only because I have been doing a lot of baking recently. And, of course, wanted to share that with all of you!
I am celebrated my birthday last night with my family and every year the birthday girl/boy gets to pick what kind of cake they want. This year I thought I wanted to bring back an old classic that is just as delicious as it is timeless, the dirt cake! This cake is so much fun to make and eat!
Get the good stuff:
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 tablespoons butter
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
3 cups of milk
16 oz. Cool Whip
1 large pack of Oreos
Gummy worms, fake rocks, and gummy frogs
Plastic flower pot & garden tool*
*Make sure you clean everything before you use it.
This is how you get it done:
1. In a food processor, process Oreos until they look like dirt.
2. Mix butter and cream cheese — use those muscles, girl!
3. In a separate bowl, mix the pudding and milk.
4. Mix both mixtures together with a hand mixer (wow, I said mix a lot) then fold in cool whip.
5. In your flower pot create a nice thick layer of the Oreos on the bottom. Next, add pudding/cool whip mixture. Lastly, top with remaining Oreos and spread evenly.
6. Place gummy worms and other fun critters on top!
7. Serve with the gardening tool.
That is it, folks! Let me know how your dirt cakes turns out.
Happy baking ❤
Need another cake idea? I’ve got you covered.