HAPPY May and #throwbackthurday to you! I have been MIA this entire month so far, and I do apologize, this month is always super crazy for me. Between Mother’s Day, my mom’s birthday and my birthday…things get pretty crazy!
In lieu of my mom’s birthday, which is today — Happy Birthday, Mom, I made some delicious cupcakes but instead of the traditional cupcakes I baked them inside ice cream cones. I am sure all of you have heard of theses and used to get them every year on your birthday when you were a little kid. But you are never too old for a little birthday fun!
1. Ice cream cones — the kind with the flat bottoms.
2. Cupcake or cake mix in any flavor you want. I chose chocolate because it’s obviously the best flavor cake. Ever.
3. Frosting. My cake mix included it, so I didn’t need to purchase it separately.
4. Foil cake pan.
Price: $4 for a three-pack.
1. First, make the cupcake/cake mix following the directions on the box.
2. Second, stand the cones up so they are stable and fill them with the cake batter using a spoon. I filled mine up almost to the top, but I suggest not filling them so high since the cake batter is going to expand once it starts cooking and will spill out over the top of the cone. Like mine did…so I was forced to eat all of the extra cake at the bottom of the pan. My luck.
3. Third, cook for the amount of time on the box. Check once the time is up with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cones are finished, if not keep them in for a little longer. Mine were in the over for about ten past the recommended time since the cones are deep.
4. Fourth, take the cupcake cones out of the oven and let cool.
5. Lastly, frost and you are finished! If you use a buttercream frosting, make sure you keep your cupcake cones in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Enjoy your delicious cupcake cones!
Happy baking ❤
Need a birthday gift idea? Tay to your rescue.