Welcome back crafters! Today I am going to show you how to create porcelain pottery! You can use any jar, candle holder, tin can, etc. from around your house and turn it into a beautiful piece of porcelain!
This porcelain pottery craft is great of keeping small items such has cotton balls or bobby pins in the bathroom, custom piece on the fireplace mantle, or anything else your emanation can come up with.
Total price: $8 🙂
Here is what you need:
1. Puffy paint! Everyone has used puffy paint at least once in their lives to design a camp t-shirt or something similar. If you have some laying around the house, don’t worry about the color, you can use it! If not, Michael’s has a large selection. I bought a small bottle in the color white.
2. Spray paint. You are going to want to buy a white, matte/flat spray paint. Michele’s spray paint is a little pricey, but I had a 10% off coupon.
Price: $6 (before coupon)
3. Any jar, tin can, old candle holder, glass vase, etc. You can use anything just depends on what you are looking to use it for afterwards.
How to create:
1. Create fun designs on jar with the puffy paint. Make sure you put the design on thick so when you spray paint over it will still stand out. I chose to use a combination on dots and lines.
2. Spray paint! Make sure you cover your jar completely. Follow the directions on the spray paint can. Let dry and done!
Tip: I used a paper towel tube to hold my jar while spraying. This was effective! I held it for ten minutes until it dried and then placed the jar in the grass to spray the inside!
I hope you enjoyed this craft and don’t forget to share your porcelain pottery with me!
Happy crafting ❤