Hello, again crafting friends! Today I am going to be teaching you how to make personalized drink coasters! This craft was fun to make, very simple and easy.
What I like most about these personalized drink coasters are the fact they are personalized which makes for awesome gifts! House warming gifts, Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, anniversaries, vacation memories gifts, you name it! Make them specific to one person or a couple, either way it is a great to show someone that you took the time and really put heart into the gift.
Onward, overall this craft cost me $18.43! Remember to use your Michael’s coupons! I made two purchase (two different days) and used two 40% off one item coupons. I am telling you; I receive a least three emails a week from Michael’s with coupons. Tots worth it!
What you need:
1. Mod Podge! You are going to want the one in the red container that says, “gloss, water-based sealer, glue & finish” Make sure you get the glossy one if all else fails. You want your coasters to have a nice shiny finish!
Price: $9 (I got the 16 oz one because you can use this shit on everything)
2. Ceramic tiles. Go to Home Depot, find the flooring isle and look for the cheapest individually sold tiles. I bought 16 tiles at 13 cents a piece. I doesn’t get much cheaper than that.
Price: 13 cents I bought 16, $2.08
3. Felt. To make sure the title does not scratch the surface it is on. I chose to get fun colors, but you can just buy black if you want to be boring. I also bought the pre-cut pieces since I didn’t need that much, and I wanted fun colors.
Price: 29 cents a piece I bought 5, $1.45
4. Acrylic spray sealer.
Price: $7 after coupon, $4
FYI: Okay, here is the deal. When I originally put my coaster together, I didn’t use the spray sealer. I thought the other blog I read only used it to add a glossy finish. I passed on that since my Mod Podge had a glossy finish. Well, that didn’t go over so well since Mod Podge is water based so when I placed a sweaty glass of water on my coaster, the finish started to come off.
5. Beer boxes, pictures, movie stubs, train tickets, anything that is flat and made out of paper. I had two Angry Orchard boxes and a few 5×7 pictures in the house already so I didn’t have to spend any money here. If you are giving this as a gift, you might want to print off pictures of you and your BFF together or find personal items.
6. Scissors, pencil, permanent marker, and sponge brush
What you need to do:
1. Trace the felt to fit bottom of the tile and cut the felt out.
2. Using the brush paint on a thin layer of Mod Podge to the bottom of the tile. Do not put too much on, it will seep through the felt. Place felt on and let dry for 15 minutes.
3. Trace picture or beer box to fit the front side of the tile. Paint on a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the tile, place cutout on top and let dry for 15 minutes.
4. Once dry, paint on two layers of Mod Podge overtop the beer box/picture/whatever you are using. Let dry 15 minutes in-between both layers.
5. Spray acrylic and BAM you are done!
Put your new personalized coaters out at your next party and it will be the talk of the night!
Happy crafting ❤